As the new school year begins, Kiel Area School District officials are reminding the public about a program called “Recognizing Above and Beyond in KASD.”
“The Board of Education and I want to recognize those staff members that go above and beyond the call of duty here in our schools and community,” District Administrator Dr. Brad Ebert said.
He said the definition of “above and beyond” includes:
- far beyond what is required;
- above the call of duty of one’s job requirements;
- exceeding expectations;
- transcending, surpassing;
- doing more than the job actually/typically requires to improve the lives of students, families, the school district or community.
Recipients will be chosen based on those who have done things and/or gone above and beyond their normal job responsibilities in the schools or in the community.
Students, co-workers, parents and community members are strongly encouraged to send the below information to Dr. Ebert at any time during the year, when they notice one or more staff members going “above and beyond” and making a significant, positive impact on a child, family, co-worker/s or in the community. This includes any staff member in the district.
Ebert said, “I will follow up to learn more about each ‘above and beyond’ that is being shared with me and use the below criteria to make a decision on the recipients:
1. Is the work connected to the Kiel Schools but outside of the person’s normal job expectations?
2. Did the work make the Kiel Schools better or significantly impact a student, family or the community in a positive way?
3. What was the end result of the work and what was the impact that was made?
Staff members who are selected may be recognized in the media, on social media, at School Board meetings and in the office of their supervisor.
“The purpose is to continue to build a school district and community that goes above and beyond in what we do for kids, families, the community and each other, and focuses on the positive that is happening in our schools and community,” Ebert said.