Calumet Medical Center Auxiliary Board members have announced the 2021 student scholarship recipients.
Each year students pursuing careers in healthcare-related fields are encouraged to apply for the CMC Auxiliary Student Scholarship. To be eligible students must complete an application, write an essay, reside within Calumet County, have an acceptance into a college or technical school, and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. Graduating high school seniors entering into post-secondary education as well as students currently attending are welcome to apply. This year the Auxiliary received 18 applications. Seven students were selected to receive scholarships.
Seven $600 scholarships will be awarded to the following students:
• Grace Wittmus from Chilton High School, pursuing Medical Imaging at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh;
• Mara Connell from Reedsville High School, pursuing Nursing at UW-Oshkosh;
• Kennedy Bruss from Kimberly High School pursuing Nursing at UW-Green Bay;
• Grace Vande Hey from Stockbridge High School pursuing Nursing at UW-Madison;
• Kayla Stenz from Chilton High School pursuing Diagnostic Medical Sonography at Concordia University;
• Emily Schneider from Valders High School pursuing Biology and Biomedical Science at UW-La Crosse;
• Brynn Williams from Brillion High School pursuing Nursing at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
The CMC Auxiliary donates scholarships annually through monies derived from the Remembrance Fund. Donations to the Remembrance Fund are often in honor of a living or deceased loved one. This is a way to represent loved ones in a unique and impactful way. The CMC Auxiliary is always seeking alternate ways to build the Remembrance Fund; donations are accepted at any time. Scholarship amounts vary annually based upon available funds. To learn how to donate to the Remembrance Fund, contact Doris Bennin at 920-849-9586.
If interested in following the events and activities that the CMC Auxiliary offers, find information on Facebook—search Calumet Medical Center Auxiliary and “like” the page. For all inquiries about volunteering at Ascension Calumet Hospital in Chilton, contact Maria Mason at Maria.Mason@ascnesion.org or 920-849-1717.